Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sing It Loud & Sing It Proud!

Ok so being the singer that I am, I can appreciate someone who can belt out a good tune or even someone who just thinks they can. Alot of what makes good music is in the words one sings or how much heart and soul they put into singing it. Right?

With that being said, I have the pleasure of working with a great gal named Mari about once a month. I have grown to truly love Mari and her uniqueness and amazing love for the Lord! We come from very different backgrounds, but she has always shown a genuine interest in my upbringing and getting to know me. So, my blog today is about Mari... Last week I was seated at the front desk of our office with her during our lunchbreak, gossiping about work stuff. Suddenly she began to belt out her best version of whatever was playing on the in office radio. I had to look around to make sure there were no patients in the office because it startled me. And as the day went on, I realized she sings every song she knows as if she is Mariah or Beyonce herself. I got so tickled, because after awhile our other co-worker Latresha screams from the back,"Mari, please!". About that time, Mari looks at me and just as serious as can be says, "They're just jealous!" I have never laughed so hard! I was totally having one of those days that needed a good laugh! But that sort of put it all in perspective that day. Mari didn't care what anyone thought. Which is something I have struggled with my whole life! She was going to sing at the top of her voice with enthusiasm and no matter what anyone else had to say, she took pride in it and didn't care if anyone had any criticism. I wish I could be more like Mari...time to take pride in my work-even if I am not doing what I might want to be doing, time to appreciate what I do have, rather than focusing on what I don't etc. etc. Moral of the story-take pride in who you are, what you do, and what you have despite present circumstance. Life Is Good-Laugh Often! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment