Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Virtuous Woman (aka-my grandmama)


Yesterday was my grandmother's 86th birthday and I began to imagine what I would have to show for my life after eighty six years! I know that I will not even come close to the legacy she has. I think it is much more fitting to celebrate a life such as this now, rather than when our lives here on earth are over. So I thought, what better person to blog about than the most virtuous woman I know!

It's pretty clear in Prov.31 the traits that God uses to describe a "virtuous woman", but it's verse 30 that I like best: "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised". Yet to me, the fact that my grandmother is one of the most God-fearing women I know, truly makes her one of the most beautiful! She is the one I go to when I need spiritual wisdom, advice, or sometimes just when I am spiritually heart-broken! You know, when you just want to scream, "Why God?" Somehow she manages to put everything into perspective for me. I think God gave me about the best example of what a true woman of God is, through her. She has shown me how to love unconditionally, to be strong in moral character, how to be a loyal friend, a wonderful mother/grandmother/wife, and how to trust your God-given instincts. But above all, she gave me my mom who is definately a chip off the ole' block...between these two, I have big shoes that I could never fill!

So, Happy Birthday GG! I am so blessed to have you as a grandmother, role model, and friend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I was a Proverbs 31 woman. Your GG sounds precious! Welcome to blog world. Love it!

    ReplyDelete