Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cancer Stinks!!!

I have officially decided that everyone, at some point in their life is going to be affected by cancer. Many of you know that my dad is right in the middle of grueling chemo. treatments and about to begin stem cell therapy. He has multiple myeloma(aka-bone marrow cancer). As much as we are very positive in a full recovery, it is a hard process to watch your dad go through. I can honestly say if I could go through it for him, I would! Special thanks to my friend Lisa for introducing my dad to hers. It's always good to talk to someone who has had to go through the same thing, and come out on the other side with flying colors! Their conversation has made a huge difference in his positive mental attitude!


I knew my boyfriend John was truly a gift from God, when on our first date he revealed to me that his father had gone through a similar cancer process. Unfortunately his father passed away a few years ago, but he knew exactly all the emotions that come with hearing a family member has cancer. He has been a huge support and encouragement! Since then, we have learned of yet another family member to be faced with this diagnosis. And about that time, he asked me in the most humble way if I really wanted to spend my life with someone who might not live any longer than his father or grandfather(both in early sixties). I could not believe his question! I quickly responded that we better get started on the next twenty years! I don't think anyone would change who they fall in love with, if it were for one day or a lifetime! God is good...sometimes He blesses us with what we need...sometimes it's with what we want...and if you're lucky, you get both!


1 comment:

  1. You are right. Cancer stinks. I will pray for your dad. And, I'll also stand believing that you will all live many, many years on this earth.

    ReplyDelete