Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Love Is...

I decided to write today on my definition of love. I assure you, I have definately learned a thing or two on what it truly means to love someone. I think when you have loved, are in love, or are looking forward to love, your definition might be a little different at each time. I know that having loved and lost through a divorce, has made me realize the ways I fell short on truly loving my partner. Then there was the anticipation of falling in love again, and all the things I would do differently. And now, learning how to love someone all over again...


A good friend of mine made me really contemplate how I view unconditional love. When you really love someone, there really is no rhyme or reason. It isn't in the things you have in common, the way they make you feel, or the positive traits they posess. All of those things would be conditional. So really, it is an unexplainable reason that we fall in love-we just do!


As I see it, when you love someone you do things you would not normally do, you listen and encourage even if you don't understand or agree, and you apologize sometimes when you don't feel like it's your fault! Maybe we need to all remind ourselves of I Cor. 13:3-5: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, does not boast, and is not proud. It is not rude, self-seeking, or easily angered, and keeps no record of wrong doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment